Historic cities you just have to visit!
Is there anything better than strolling around a historic city centre, feeling the winds of history, seeing the old preserved buildings and at the same time enjoying the culture and flavours of today? Here’s the list for those who love discovering historic cities.
Historic cities to consider visiting for your next trip
- Athens, Greece: Known for its ancient history, including the Acropolis and the Parthenon.
- Rome, Italy: The city is famous for its rich history, including the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, and the Vatican.
- Jerusalem, Israel: A city steeped in religious history and a holy site for Jews, Christians, and Muslims.
- Prague, Czech Republic: Known for its stunning medieval architecture, including the Charles Bridge and Prague Castle.
- Istanbul, Turkey: A city that straddles two continents and has a rich history as the former capital of the Ottoman Empire.
- Kyoto, Japan: A city renowned for its ancient temples, shrines, and traditional gardens.
- Havana, Cuba: The city is famous for its Spanish colonial architecture, vintage cars, and lively music scene.
- Moscow, Russia: The city is home to the Kremlin, Red Square, and St. Basil’s Cathedral, as well as many other historical sites.
- Paris, France: The city is renowned for its beautiful architecture, including the Eiffel Tower and Notre-Dame Cathedral.
- Vienna, Austria: A city famous for its imperial palaces, classical music, and coffeehouses.
Discover the History of Edinburgh, London and more..
View archive photos from the past and discover the changes that have taken place. These photos from the past can be compared with contemporary views to understand how the landscape has changed through time.
Discover the history of Edinburgh
The capital of Scotland and famous around the world for the Edinburgh Military Tattoo, The Edinburgh Festival. The Old Town encompasses the Royal Mile and an array of famous and infamous characters such as Burke and Hare, Sir Walter Scott and Robert Burns.
Discover the history of San Francisco
San Francisco was firmly established during the Gold Rush of the 1800s and close links with the Far East and China. Originally part of Mexico until the Mexican-American War. It was central to the Hippy Movement of the 60s.
Discover the history of New York City
Inhabited by native american indians prior to the settlement by the Europeans, New York has been one of the main gateways to the growth of America. Famed for its skyscrapers such as the Woolworth Building and the Chrysler Building.
Discover the history of London
The capital city of the United Kingdon, London was first established as a settlement during the Roman conquest and has been the seat of the royal dynasty throughout the centuries. Landmarks include The Tower of London, St. Paul’s Cathedral and Houses of Parliament.
We hope that we have inspired you to some great city sightseeings and happy traveling!